We rent wheeled skidsteers bobcats
We rent mini excavators
We rent track loaders aka bobcats

Why Do I need a Hoisting License?

Regardless of where you live, If you are using regulated equipment in Massachusetts, you need either a Hoisting Engineers License or a Temporary Hoisting Permit

Under Massachusetts Law (520 CMR 6.10) a Hoisting Engineers License is required to operate any equipment “with a minimum capability of hoisting the load higher than ten feet or has the capability of lifting loads greater than 500 pounds or if the capacity of the bucket exceeds 1/4 cubic yard capacity”

This law is in effect at every rental center in the state and requires us to ensure anyone renting our regulated equipment has an operator with a valid Hoisting Engineers License or a valid Temporary Hoisting Permit.

Some common equipment that this regulations governs includes:
     Skid Steers (aka Bobcats)
     Tracked Loaders
     Mini Excavators

To get a Temporary Hoisting Permit you must be over 18 and have a valid drivers license to operate a motor vehicle and you must have your drivers license and Permit on your person when operating the equipment.

To take the on-line course, click here 
when it asks 
for the Rental Facility ID Number enter 0177317

If you need to use this equipment in Massachusetts, you have two options:
    Get a Temporary Hoisting Permit
Get a Hoisting Engineers License

Want more info:

Hoisting License FAQ’s can be found here

Mass Department of Public Safety Powerpoint presentation Explaining the Regulations: Click Here

Mass Department of Public Safety Frequently Asked Questions regarding the Regulations: Click Here

We are a State Approved Short Term Rental Entity and can issue Temporary Hoisting Permits